• Number of pieces of agape required for walks:
o Mealtime – 65 pieces
o Bedtime – 40 pieces (pilgrims only) or 65 (pilgrims & team)
• Count & number the agape you bring in for bedtime and meals. Marking it as BEDTIME or MEALTIME along with the item count saves time and makes sure that the agape you prepared is distributed when you want it to be.
• When dropping off agape, please place it in the tote marked for agape in the kitchen or in the agape room.
• Pilgrims need at least 15 agape LETTERS for their Sunday packets.
• Pilgrim agape for the Sunday packet must be able to fit in a 10” x 13” envelope. Remember there are at least 15 letters fitting in the Sunday packet, so there is not a lot of room for oversized agape. We do our best to fit at much as we can into the packets, but larger than what fits into an envelope will be SUPER agape and will be placed on the piano to pick up after closing.
• When writing agape letters, please be sure to put the first AND last name on each letter. This is for team AND pilgrims. Often times there is more than one person on a walk with the same first name.
• If kids/grandkids are writing agape letters to Mom or Dad, please be sure to write the person’s full name on it as well so we make sure it gets distributed to the correct person.
Things to avoid:
o There has been some really neat agape, but sometimes because of how it’s put together, it is hard to manage and distribute. Please take extra care in packaging agape that have dangling strings or stickers attached. Also, often by the time we get the agape, even glued items come unglued. Small sandwich or snack size baggies work great to put agape in and make distribution really easy.
o Do not make “mix” style CD’s for pilgrims. We can’t distribute those due to copywrite issues
o Please do NOT sort or attempt to deliver the agape to pilgrims or team members yourselves, as each agape chair has their own system for distribution and not knowing that system can cause more work instead of helping.
If you’re unsure of anything or have questions, don’t hesitate to contact the agape chair. You may send a message through the Emmaus webpage. www.findlayemmaus.org. Click on the Information Tab – Board Members – Contact the Board ( at the bottom of page) Select Agape. A message will be sent to the Agape Chair and they will contact you as soon as they can.